[FRIAM] life, music, dance

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jul 11 14:32:02 EDT 2018

Universal quantification does not hold here; what's good for me is different than what's good for the world.
There are those that deny it while doing everything they can to reinforce the underlying inequality.  Immigration policy is one dramatic example.
It goes by another name, bad faith.

Marcus

On 7/11/18, 12:06 PM, "Friam on behalf of uǝlƃ ☣" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    Which is quite on topic for the belief/doubt thread, too! What we *want* is distinct from what is *good* for us ... sometimes even disjoint: want ∩ good = ∅

    To quote Tool: "Why can't we drink forever?"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ