[FRIAM] What's so bad about Scientism?

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 22:28:18 EDT 2018

One might say, One trusts the logic a hundred percent; it’s just that one never quite trusts the premises on which the logic is based.  That was one of Peirce’s points.  It’s all very well to say that deduction is infallible, just so long as you concede that deduction is always based on prior inductions and abductions, both of which ARE fallible.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/