[FRIAM] Chess and Horses

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:50:59 EDT 2018

Nothing has appeared here for awhile as far as I know.

This morning at "physical" Friam I mentioned that in 1967 a research
organization that I worked for hired a young guy as a "runner".  He carried
boxes of cards and printer output between our offices and the University of
Pittsburgh computer center.  In the meantime, he was a chess master and
could beat everyone in the office simultaneously while blindfolded.  His
father was Cantor, apropos of nothing.  Here is a link I found:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1979/02/01/chess-player-wins-horse-on-first-trygame-player-lowers-odds/e8a02f9b-bf2f-4194-913e-b8e582908aff/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4e7c416473b8

Frank

----
Frank Wimberly