[FRIAM] the pseudoscience of evolutionary psychology?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Mar 9 13:26:38 EST 2018

I thought of that factoid when looking over some of Peterson's remarks.   If this is generally true in the population, is it because of nature vs. nurture?   I anecdotally had the experience it was true, and that (just now) made me go look to see if there was any research on it.
Lady Gaga's interpretation of Born This Way seems to be the politically-correct perspective these days.   (As opposed to the more sensible "Who the hell are you to tell me how to live?")
Presumably, the T in LGBT would also tend to adopt that perspective.   Running with that, it seems to be reasonable to ask what other pseudo-gender differences exist, like intelligence, and the other things mentioned.
There could be cognitive benefits to the alternative wiring, like there might be creative benefits from having synesthesia.

Alternatively, a Peterson (faced with robust statistics on this) would have to consider the hypothesis that the (maladaptive?) lifestyle selected for intelligence or perhaps even improved it.

Marcus

On 3/9/18, 10:36 AM, "Friam on behalf of uǝlƃ ☣" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    Weird paper!  Right off the bat, I'm not surprised by the inference that people who entertain the idea of being a different gender would test with higher IQs.  But I *am* surprised by their abilities to draw!  Surely the authors cherry-picked the good ones and the rest were as crappy as my own attempts to draw people.

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ