[FRIAM] Everything she knows...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Apr 17 16:50:38 EDT 2019

Jochen writes:

< We have a kind of tunnelling in social systems for startups: they borrow money which they don't have from venture capital companies and banks, and this allows them to "tunnel" through unprofitable times. >

Seems thermal to me.   A start-up is hot, high-energy, even reckless, and bounces all over the place in the hopes of finding a profitable business model.   A mature company makes more conservative moves and prefers to be cold.   If it has to heat things up it will, but generally uses lawyers and IP law to prevent competition rather than letting the bounds of the competition become hard to predict.

Marcus