[FRIAM] Just an amusing obervation: number of addblock scripts needed

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 01:27:20 EDT 2019

I just for fun thread, and not sure better here or wedtech mail list.  But
it's also a distrubinbly bad trend:
I personally have on chrome: 4 differerent adblockers Addblock Plus, Ublock
both get installed bassically after installing a browser
Youtube adblocker
A Facebook adblocker

Trying to find a twitter adblocker as well

On my phone tried to get some adblockers to work (costs me money to get
spammed I discovered)

That's several different addblockers just to fix or filter out spam. That's
nuts!

How many adblocking or popup filters: adons or user or possibly greese
monkey scripts are folks up to these days?  I've had pretty good luck in
the past with ghostery to a point. But sometimes it breaks FB Messenger or
Hangouts (google) wich alas ugh I use (to much!) to get even voicemail
transcripts I've discovered -_-

So how many filters are people up to now? any ideas what can be done to get
those arguable leaches off the weby-web so websites work?