[FRIAM] abduction and casuistry

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:26:37 EDT 2019

Sorry for my incompleteness. I should have stated that G&W say the schema is for a *solved* abduction problem. What you're describing is the exploration of the *inverse* map. Using the conclusion, you infer the premise(s) that fit. I'd hoped it would be obvious this is possible with the connect the dots game. It should be easy to imagine a field of dots and thinking something like "That could be a face. All it needs is an extra dot for the nose."

G&W mention this in general when they say: