[FRIAM] IT is Not Sustainable

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 11:08:34 EST 2019

"CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has set a goal to reduce power consumption on its
public switched telephone network by nearly 22,000 megawatt-hours a year,
reducing greenhouse gas emissions as more customers migrate to VoIP and
mobile voice services.

Although CenturyLink is growing its IP-based voice service, this project is
focused on consolidating more than 400,000 legacy PSTN subscriber lines
across 50 Class 5 voice switches. "

They're called class 5 because of 5ESS which is the most used class 5
switch at CenturyLink.

Sorry, but I had to clarify this.

Frsnk
Frank Wimberly