[FRIAM] Celeste Kidd - How to Know

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Dec 28 13:25:54 EST 2019

Marcus -

I do like the idea that a good "comedy team" might effectively
de-weaponize deep-fakes...   like The Yes Men or SNL perhaps...   there
is the risk that such "normalizes" deep fakes, but to the extent that it
is already on it's way...  comedy-ifying may be the best (least-worst)
alternative?

After Trump's ascendancy showed it's worst true-colors I had any number
of "comedy-centric" ideations to generate a crowd-sourced reaction.
The first (dark) one was called "take a Dump for Trump" and involved
variations on the old teenager's bad joke of placing a burning bag of
dogshit on a rival's porch to be "stomped out".   The second was more
campy and involved collecting donations to be put into a fund to pay out
"bounties" on pie-throwers.   Think of an Iraq-War style pack of cards
with faces/names/bounties on Trump and his inner-mid-outer circles.
Maybe starting with a $1 bounty for anyone who has shaken hands with
him, spiraling in toward those working/living in the White House...

It would surely play havoc for the Secret Service but more entertaining
I can just imagine the distortion of security at Mara Lago for him and
his.   Would his aides who got booed out of restaurants a few years back
instead have gotten a pie in the face (and a bounty big enough to fund
future operations paid to the pie-thrower?).   Imagine all the pies
being confiscated at the entry to one of his rallys?   With a $1 bounty
on any rally attender, you might see a very different style and texture
of counter-protest.

While there would surely be civil and legal consequences... there
*would* also be a comic-relief and perhaps de-escalation of
self-seriousness consequence as well.

I wonder if anyone has a (meta?) model of this kind of "changing the game"?

- Steve