[FRIAM] Microcontroller event at Meow Wolf reminder

Edward Angel angel at cs.unm.edu
Sat Feb 23 15:50:15 EST 2019

The microcontroller event at Meow Wolf is less than two weeks away on March 8. The event started as a microbit event but we’ve expanded it to include all kinds of devices, Some of you indicated that you’d bring a project to demo.

The event is open to the public but we expect to have a lot of young students and their parents show up. The goal is to inspire more interest in science and technology. Projects can be very simple. Micro:bit projects are especially simple to generate as you can program them with block JavaScript via the micro:bit website (microbit.org) and you can get a micro:bit kit online for as little as $15.

Details and signup at https://santafe.meowwolf.com/event/microcontroller/ . Please signup if you plan to attend with or without a project to demo.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)		 	angel at cs.unm.edu <mailto:angel at cs.unm.edu>
505-453-4944 (cell) 				http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel <http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel>