[FRIAM] Abduction

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jan 1 21:46:52 EST 2019

The premise of the series is that a drug + counseling is used to mitigate PTSD symptoms, but in fact it ends-up deleting recent memories and was intended to make soldiers able to continue service.

One might argue that accumulation of emotional trauma is part of one's personality, and relieving it destroys part of a person.   One might also argue that to have just one personality, developing on a contiguous timeline, is a sort of arbitrary confinement -- like living in a freezer that just keeps getting colder.

I don't know what the actual risks are of MDMA.  Alcohol's side effects, in terms of impairment of judgement, are already pretty dangerous.

Marcus

On 1/1/19, 7:23 PM, "Friam on behalf of glen" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    I don't understand what you mean? Are you asking why psychedelics are not prescribable? Or saying that their therapeutic effect is negligible?

    FWIW, I haven't seen Homecoming.

    --
    glen