[FRIAM] Was: Abduction; Is Now: Dionysian and Apollonian Lives

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jan 2 14:17:39 EST 2019

Nick,

I don't think the dichotomy is useful to understand or categorize why people seek experiences.  Some seek them to feel better about going in circles (opiates), others to help them to go in some direction (stimulants), and others to see more possible directions (psychedelics).    One can understand in a completely left-brain way the need for a source of entropy to get out of local minima.   It seems to me implausible that chemicals alone could ever be an sufficient way to gain access to entropy.

Glen writes:

< like my mom used to say about going to church on Sunday ... it's like a "shot in the arm" >

Exactly.

Marcus