[FRIAM] on selection pressure

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jan 2 14:28:44 EST 2019

Sure, you can see that selection pressure samples more intensively in the lower quantiles of energy, just not close to the ground state.   The goal I had was to find the ground state, not just to give the appearance of one.   Stepping back, I claim what conservatives want is to give the appearance of fitness (and justify the current social order), not to achieve greatness for its own sake.

    The reason I asked was your statement "selection pressure has accomplished nothing".  What I would be looking for is a more comprehensive description of the solution space showing selection as selecting a *subset* of properties/dimensions of the space.  So, while selection may not have pushed the population very effectively in that subset, it may have changed the population's character in the whole space.  So, a better statement would be "selection pressure didn't accomplish what it was intended to accomplish."  Right?

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ