[FRIAM] No Fool Like an Old Fool

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 14:29:20 EST 2019

Today I just deleted 200 Gb of corrupted (I hope!) files from my computer.
The problem was a conflict between the windows compressor and the thingy
that creates temporary files.  See below.  This corrupt process not only
hides the files but puts them beyond the reach of the disc cleanup utility.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/solved-co
mponent-based-servicing-cbslog-causes-all/0b91bea0-31b5-42a1-8293-e9040c4eed
fa

I was unable to execute the recommended operations with the windows module
installer, so my problem may re=emerge.  But for the meantime, I have 200 Gb
of breathing room.  Ahhhhhhhh!

Thanks all

Nick