[FRIAM] The Self Case

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:32:12 EDT 2020

You're not quibbling. This is *the* point I was trying to make when talking about episodic vs. narrative personalities. (And my worry about the "narrating complexity" project.) Those of us who switch all the time, perhaps pathologically, scatterbrained, high schizotypes, my not be able to distinguish one mode from another. It's all a chaotic mess of ghostly voices. Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, hyper narrative, canalized, enslaved people may not *admit* that they're a different person at age 60 than they were at age 20. So, they may not be able to distinguish modes, either.

While indulging your most neurotic self, checking the #cases, #deaths, daily ... worried about whether or not you should fly back to MA or bunker down in NM, you should have the ability to switch modes somehow. Maybe meditation, a good stiff whisky, high dose of psilocybin, a long walk up a mountain, a re-read of Ulysses, I don't know. It doesn't matter. But mode-switching is healthy ... in moderation, of course.

My point to Jochen was that clarity surrounding any 1 mode will derive from athletic mode-hopping.

--
☣ uǝlƃ