[FRIAM] anthropological observations

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:12:52 EDT 2020

But Glen,

The Laws of Scientific Procedure ARE the laws I am talking about here.  In good times, we can take the time to focus on the consequences to individuals.  And so, we can design our health systems for the most vulnerable among us.  That imposes delays on the "mean" patient, but no problem, we have other ways of treating the mean patient.  In an emergency,  the possibility that one in a million patients might have an allergy to some component of Chlorwhatitsface seems reasonably to be less relevant, even though it's built into the laws of scientific medical  procedure.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/