[FRIAM] Judea Pearl: Book of Why

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:54:32 EDT 2020

Steve,

I'm surprised you didn't find any posts by me in your search for
"causality" .  Usually, when someone says "correlation is not causation" it
triggers me.  In the early 90s/late 80s there were two teams working on
inference of causal graphs from observational data:  Pearl et al at UCLA
and Glymour et al at Carnegie Mellon.  They cooperated and developed
algorithms based on d-separation which was based on conditional
independence relations (correlation).  Glymour et al's book is "Causation,
Prediction and Search".  I implemented many algorithms in Java for that
group over a period of about 10 years and I was co-author of several papers.

Sorry for the narcissistic reaction.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly