[FRIAM] whackadoodles go mainstream!

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Apr 20 14:03:14 EDT 2020

With HIV there are people that can control the virus and have immunity for practical purposes. [1]   Whether or not there are co-morbidities, if one has a strong signal like B*5701 for HIV, it should come out in the statistical wash.  Not everyone with a particular HLA will have the same co-morbidity.    Anyway, back to the whackadoodle topic:  If that is the case, and one had a detailed knowledge of the genetics (e.g. ethnicity) of a target population,  one could design a virus to hurt some more than others.   But if one is a fascist, it is very easy as you point out:  You make everyone sick and the people with health care or he means to stay isolated will tend to survive.    I'm not saying that is  the case here, I'm just saying maybe it isn't actually impossible.