[FRIAM] New information on COVID-19y bb

Joe Spinden js at qri.us
Fri Apr 24 12:23:14 EDT 2020

Excellent idea.  After reading the article Merle linked, I ordered one
myself.

I also found that rumor has it that an oximeter will be built into the
next Apple watch and the next Watch OS.  There is also a possibility
that the software will work with existing Apple watches.

I just made a suggestion to Apple that IF the latter is true, they might
consider releasing that part of their software as an app now.  I.e., not
wait until September.  That would be an easy way to get something
helpful out now, rather than injecting disinfectant as our esteemed
leader has suggested as a cure.

Joe

On 4/24/20 10:08 AM, Edward Angel wrote:
> The point is that if you check your blood oxygen level you might catch
> the problem before it is so bad that you have to be put on a
> ventilator and probably won’t survive.
>
> Ed
> _______________________
>
> Ed Angel
>
> Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory
> (ARTS Lab)
> Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico
>
> 1017 Sierra Pinon
> Santa Fe, NM 87501
> 505-984-0136 (home)angel at cs.unm.edu <mailto:angel at cs.unm.edu>
> 505-453-4944 (cell) http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel
>
>> On Apr 24, 2020, at 9:46 AM, <thompnickson2 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:thompnickson2 at gmail.com>> <thompnickson2 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:thompnickson2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Remind me, someone.  Why are we all buying oximeters?  I thought the
>> burden of the Times article was that IF you are sick from a “cold”,
>> don’t wait to test your O2 levels until you EXPERIENCE difficulty
>> breathing, because by then it might be too late.  Do you all have
>> colds?   I suppose, given that it takes Amazon six weeks to get one,
>> you are wise to get a jump on it.
>> Nick
>> Nicholas Thompson
>> Emeritus Professor of Ethology and Psychology
>> Clark University
>> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>
>> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

Joe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.