[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:32:12 EDT 2020

But how do we process this statement by Nick:

On 4/17/20 4:08 PM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:
> I think an obsessively metaphorical thinker is one who has the arrogance to suppose that s/he has */some/* familiar experience by which s/he can model any experience of another person.  I actually don't believe that that is true, but I think it is true enough that I feel it is my obligation to try.

He's straight up *saying* that metaphor is used as a way to solve or gloss over the hard problem. Now, I don't particularly care if it's actually Nick we're talking about or some other "obssesively metaphorical thinker". But it strikes me that one cannot simultaneously believe that all thinking is metaphorical and *not* admit to some form of the hard problem.

--
☣ uǝlƃ