[FRIAM] narcissism

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:53:01 EDT 2020

That's a fantastic question! I can't answer. But I'll definitely start injecting that question into what I read. I have run across those communities that talk about techniques for increasing one's charisma, mostly in the context of trying to understand the alt-right, involuntary celibates, pick-up-artists, and their intersection with the rationalists. That concept of installing new triggers was from the rationalists and, I think, enlightened by cognitive behavior therapy.  Such conscious manipulation of other people must overlap with the tactics of narcissists.

But the inverse map is more interesting, I suppose. To what extent is there an innate charisma? And to what extent do people with innate charisma, as they grow up from babies, *learn* to be entitled and/or manipulative because their charisma facilitates such entitlement/manipulation? We've all heard that "beautiful people" have easier lives. To what extent is that folk psychology true, real, amenable to experimentation? There must be some science out there about that.

--
☣ uǝlƃ