[FRIAM] Programming Languages

Dale Schumacher dale.schumacher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:21:20 EDT 2020

   1. "wherefore" means "why", not "where".
   2. I'm working, not monitoring the lists all day.
   3. The simplest comparison I can come up with is that FRP is more of a
   continuous-signal model and Actors are a discrete-event model. Otherwise
   there are lots of similarities. Actors are reactive program entities with
   private storage, computation resources, and communication facilities for
   sending asynchronous messages to other actors.
   4. I hope that is helpful ;-)