[FRIAM] Flight Training and Deprecated Skills/Languages, etc.

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:24:03 EDT 2020

Steve,

Back in the old days, when I could tolerate Scientific American, there was a fascinating article on Pendulum-pneumatic trains.  You know, if you just dug deep enough you could get from Boston to NYC in an hour, with a push from the air behind you.  Who needs windows!  As a person who first discovered his capacity for claustrophobia in the BART tunnel under the Bay, shortly after it was constructed,  I am not sure I would be able spend an hour in a pneumatic capsule no matter how fast it got me there.  What would you do if the guy in the seat behind you started decompensating when you were several thousand feet under Middlebury CT?

HOOOO, boy!

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com