[FRIAM] Rio En Medio & Caja del Rio Fires

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Mon Aug 24 17:14:04 EDT 2020

Yes, Steve summed it up well. Both fires seem relatively low risk - though
that could change with wind gusts, spotting and/or lightning.

You should register with AlertSantaFe
<https://www.santafenm.gov/alertsantafe>which Steve mentioned for
notifications beyond relying on reverse 911.

The #MedioFire is being managed by the Southwest Type II Incident
Management Team 4
<https://gacc.nifc.gov/swcc/dispatch_logistics/overhead/overhead.htm>with
Incident Commander Schwope and Buck Wickham as the Operations Chief. Full
roster
<https://gacc.nifc.gov/swcc/dispatch_logistics/overhead/imt/Rosters/2020/Team_4_Initial_Roster_2020.pdf>

This morning's Ops briefing by Buck is here:
   https://www.facebook.com/santafeNF/posts/2549843461904720

There is a nightly community briefing at 6p here
<https://www.facebook.com/santafeNF>:

Interactive PIO Map on Medio Fire is here. Which shows prior fire history
and current perimeters:
https://nifc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=4925ec13d6bd41538157172dcb9462ed&fbclid=IwAR2-7jcZXi_eetrO0unz47LxZsvVZK2A21iqBmXImsUoSWCPAUoMe5xlyAw

@Bewickwren "CommonRaven" is an active Fire follower on Twitter. She was
mentioning the pilots that were doing double-duty on both fires which you
can track on FlightRadar24.com.

[image: image.png]

For example, this appears to be the "Air Attack" plane
<https://www.flightradar24.com/B58T/254f663d> which you can tell by their
flight path as clockwise at a constant altitude serving as air traffic
control while most other traffic is counter clockwise. Nice explanation of The
Stack <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fjF2KQ75TY> here:

Santa Fe County was managing the #CajaFire but it looks like another Type
II team is in bound.

-Stephen