[FRIAM] what is Gertrude thinking?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Aug 30 00:59:32 EDT 2020

I think internal encoding and decoding is important part of improving my ideas, even if it is in a private, evolving language.   Sometimes I feel like I basically understand something, but I haven’t rationalized it in a way that is easily reproducible in a public language;  it’s boring and tedious to find that public language.  That said, the possibility of watching these processes unfold with different people would be fascinating.   (If it were possible to experience in some way, which is not clear is possible.)

1024 signals out of tens of billions of neurons isn’t going to be an adequate data stream to draw many conclusions about consciousness or relative efficiencies in human reason and creativity.   But basic apps like heads-up display or repair of the peripheral nervous system would already be transformative technology.

Super-interesting people as far as I’m concerned.