[FRIAM] 5 agencies compromised

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 14:00:57 EST 2020

I think it's tiered. At the bottom, you find the Gift Card scammers. The next step up might be the password-guessers and phishers. Then comes the automatic server finders and ssh dictionary attackers. Etc. Somewhere near the top would be the cryptohackers who can execute man in the middle, network/audio/network/current sniffing, etc. But I think it takes a more sophisticated strategist to take that huge toolkit and customize "solutions".

And those "solutions engineers" require, I think, a fairly sophisticated and persistent infrastructure, implying a mid-sized corporation, data center, nation-state, etc. Although the loosely coupled guerrilla style organization presented in, say, Mr. Robot, sounds plausible, I think their capabilities would be constrained to the lower half of that tier.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ