[FRIAM] if by 'populism' he meant ...

⛧ glen gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 08:37:17 EST 2020

The idea of an induced expression centroid that provides a spanning basis for a large proportion of people's expressiveness is interesting. The tricky part is that any such basis may be too dynamic to provide a persistent compression, reliable over time [⛧]. If it were stable, I feel like it would amount to an assertion of cultural universals. And if that's the case, then it might reduce to biology, which would make it another form of Nick's criticism, albeit a data-driven one.

[⛧] Maybe that's a plausible idea for populism is an ambiguous term?

--
glen ⛧