[FRIAM] if by 'populism' he meant ...

glen∉ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:06:11 EST 2020

Excellent! Ignoring your vTAO for a second, I distinguish culture from a psychogenic delusion by its exogenous inputs. Culture, as I imagine it, is *definitely* derived from the actual world, whereas a psychogenic delusion *may* not be.

On to your vTAO, I like the construction. But to pursue it as a mechanism, I'd want it to talk a bit about the coupling between the layers. E.g. between the core and culture, it seems clear that biological evolution is slower than cultural evolution. (Though with all the new data about microbiomes in our gut, on our skin, etc, as well as epigentics, it's not *that* clear.) That relative rate difference implies a loose coupling. *If* we can say/show that the coupling is *very* loose, such that one layer can have more or fewer degrees of freedom, *then* we might get to psychogenesis. We could also use error or randomness to do that.