[FRIAM] where are the "patriot hackers"?

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:18:35 EST 2020

I really like the construction. Thanks for engaging! The 2 remaining questions I have are:

1) do you imagine the underlying generator(s) evolving over time (i.e. open-ended spaces), and
2) do you commit (even if kindasorta) to the idea that the *structure* of the states of knowledge map well to the structure of the generator(s) (i.e. something like R. Rosen's "natural law")?

It seems like we must say yes to (2), even if we hedge a bit. (1) is relevant to the *rates* of any convergence. If the answer is "yes, but the rate of convergence is faster than the evolution of the generator", then we can safely answer "no, for practical purposes". If the answer is "no", then it amounts to some metaphysical commitment to convexity. And (2) is relevant to my problem with using any singular logic to model reasoning (inferential vs. physical entailment). Together, an answer of "no" to (1) and "yes" to (2) seems to imply a commitment to a GUT. But that's really a tangent.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ