[FRIAM] Graal VM

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Feb 20 16:11:46 EST 2020

Steve writes:

< "But when and how do we force the system into an anarchist mode
of exploration?"  I don't know the term off the top of my head, but I think there is one
which fits a similar role to that of annealing (both in materials
science and computer simulation) where the dimensionality is "pulsed" or
"phased". >

With quantum annealing, one distinguishes between the energy of the problem (goodness, defined somehow) and the energy of a transverse field which is used to conduct the search for solutions.   The two are different axes of angular momentum.  When the transverse field is high, proposition are both true and false, when it is low they must be true or false.   One can perform this procedure from things that are true or false toward things that are true and false or the vice versa.

The anarchist in this metaphor turns up the x axis amplitude like the Men in Black would activate their Neuralyzers.   Classically, one might turn up the temperature to get propositions bouncing between true and false at different rates.

Marcus