[FRIAM] Austriallia is on fire chat here

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Fri Jan 10 18:08:01 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 03:39:16PM -0700, Gillian Densmore wrote:
> Rus the news  here is really hard to sort out whats typical DOOM DEATH
> DESTRUCTION...are you and yours safe? Do you know if you'd be going to NZ or
> the US if need be for saftey reasons?

Its not as bad as that. The people in Syria have it far worse! A
number of people have lost their lives, of course, and an incredible
10,000 or so homes lost, but the community is rallying.

A friend once described our house as the last one left standing in
Sydney - we're perched on a cliff, overlooking the ocean, some 30+
metres above sea level (I think we'd survive anything short of total
collapse of the East Antarctic ice sheet.

> and how's the beer there? that's the question I suspect fam would like to know
> if they considered Aus?

Pretty similar to the US, I suspect. We have quite a few
microbreweries now, a good choice of craft ales, a far cry from when I
was a young bloke, when we had a choice of two fairly similarly tasting
lagers.

What really is excellent (and cheap) are Aussie wines.

Cheers

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders     hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
                      http://www.hpcoders.com.au