[FRIAM] more Epstein fallout

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Jan 12 13:00:36 EST 2020

Let’s consider a scenario a little closer to home.   Consider a vegan and a person passionate about animal rights.    Such a person is confronted all the time with individuals who do not share their values.  A television program that comes to mind is America’s Test Kitchen.   This program often features the carcass of an animal treated in various ways to make it delicious.   The cooks stand around the carcass and chat about the benefits of their treatment strategy.   The program is really about one form of hedonism.    Another form of hedonism is the Epstein kind.   Instead of an animal carcass, the dialog was probably about the merits of underage females, and the distinct properties of their body development, and (to them) amusing ways to exploit their naivete.    The kind of thinking is not that different, but the conditions of exploitation are different.   It seems pretty plausible to me that when one has a hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal, that kind of distinction becomes more and more abstract.    People eat animals because they can.   Billionaires can do more things, and so they do.