[FRIAM] description - explanation - metaphor - model - and reply

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Jan 16 12:02:13 EST 2020

Nick:  Oh no, you've morphed Glen and myself into an interchangeable entity!   You must be flying at high altitude!

On 1/16/20, 8:59 AM, "Friam on behalf of thompnickson2 at gmail.com" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of thompnickson2 at gmail.com> wrote:

    Marcus,

    I am not sure I understand what you say here.  But I like the idea of "listening generously" and I am trying to do it.  I guess my problem in understanding is that I don't think we perceive anything other than in a context.  Like the gorilla walking through the basketball game, we just don't see it.  I don't think it's possible to see Eric and not see him intending.  (or, say, sleeping).  This may, in fact, be an argument in favor of your position.  I just haven't worked it out yet.

    Eric's argument against my position is even more troubling.  I WAS playing fast and loose with levels of organization.

    I am going to have to think about all of this.

    Nick

    Nicholas Thompson
    ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
    https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/