[FRIAM] Murdoch and Trump

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:37:43 EST 2020

My intuition matches yours. But I was also including animals like social insects, bees, termites, etc. And I think it would be reasonable to scale this all the way down to prokaryotes. The point being that the extent to which an organism can *model* the world is mostly limited and extremely limited by the majority of us.

The over-estimation of the presence of, power of, and extent of any glob of cognition is a problem. This is where I think people like Deutsch (and many from the rationalist community) get it wrong. Because they're super smart, they tend to over-estimate the role of cognition.

--
☣ uǝlƃ