[FRIAM] Dear Eric and Bret

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:01:32 EDT 2020

SORRY, everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLb5hZLw44s

Above is  a link to the podcast that was the original stimulus for my thread, which has now been hopelessly bent.   Youth, miscreant or otherwise, has NOTHING to do with it.   What does it have to do with?   Well, with many things, actually.  With the Distributed Idea Suppression Complex, which is concept I would expect to be close to the heart of many of us here,  the institutions of academia that prevent interesting things from happening.   But there are other things of interest, in the podcast:  a Maoist student pogrom at Evergreen College that actually succeeded in ejecting a really good professor (I am surmising here—I stand ready to be dope-slapped) and a fascinating argument for why the procedures for the safety evaluation of drugs for chronic consumption are truly f*-ed up.  It has to do with mouse-telomeres.  I rarely watch video podcasts, but this one grabbed me.

Anyway, please accept my apology for starting a thread that could be easily bent.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/