[FRIAM] Santa Fe Plaza Riot

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:55:30 EDT 2020

Marcus,

Your comment about televisions is part of my point about
resources and energy. I see the massive institutions and
structures that are in place to bring me globally syndicated
programming as being *expensive* and doing *what it can*
to constrain difference. Yet, places strike me as being
remarkably different. I don't really see the outrage around
Floyd as being a reliable sign for cultural differences as the
outrage strikes me as a kind of media event. Voter turn-out,
similarly, seems to rely on *nation* and imagined communities
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagined_community>.

Jon