[FRIAM] Thread/Post hygiene

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:05:26 EDT 2020

Glen's proscriptions are not gratuitous.  He is kindly responding to a specific request for recommendations.

But I see, alas, that I am a hypocrite.  (Glen has known this for some time, but I have only just discovered it.)  I have no intention of giving up larding.  And I certainly have no intention of giving up hypertext.  And I more often wish a thread hadn't been trimmed than wish it had.  So, I guess what I have to give up on, is the notion that exchanges such as ours, which are full of potentially publishable material, must be recreated in another form, or lost forever to the ages.  This is a bitter pill, for me.  So much of what is written here seems VERY good indeed.

Oh well.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com