[FRIAM] chicken-egg::gumflap-talk

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jun 8 10:20:43 EDT 2020

Incidentally, I think these asynchronous communications are not speech.  They are another kind of encoding and decoding system.   There is often ambiguity in terminology to be reconciled, and wider and narrower search that can be conducted to do that reconciliation, but that is not what I would call empathy.   Empathy is about anticipation and resonance of feelings.   I think in written communication correspondents should be expected to manage their feelings because they have a good opportunity to do so.

On 6/8/20, 5:57 AM, "Friam on behalf of uǝlƃ ☣" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    E.g.

    Motor Imagery of Speech: The Involvement of Primary Motor Cortex in Manual and Articulatory Motor Imagery

    > The results have implications for models of mental imagery of simple articulatory gestures, in that no evidence is found for somatotopic activation of lip muscles in sub-phonemic contexts during motor imagery of such tasks, suggesting that motor simulation of relatively simple actions does not involve M1.

    Observation-execution matching and action inhibition in human primary motor cortex during viewing of speech-related lip movements or listening to speech
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028393211001801?via%3Dihub

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ

    FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
    Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam