[FRIAM] Santa Fe Treasure Hunt

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Mon Jun 8 11:00:12 EDT 2020

The summer we first moved to New Mexico (in 1976, to Las Cruces) we made
our first visit to Santa Fe. To prepare a bit, I read a book on New
Mexican art. While we were there, we went to the Fenn Gallery, where I
saw at least one of the works in the book, and several by artists
included in the book. He also had a small room of artifacts. I don’t
remember much of what was in there, but there was rifle from the early
nineteenth century. It was definitely a high end gallery. They were
always very friendly to all their customers, even a beginning associate
professor who bought only a paperback book.

—Barry