[FRIAM] Insights of Algorithmic Thought

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:04:17 EDT 2020

Ok.  It occurs to me that I should be willing to put my money where my mouth
is.  So my "money" is that I have been an editor of several volumes of
collected papers by others.  My "mouth" has been saying that we are a
wonderfully insightful group of people who know a lot about stuff that the
"citizenry" doesn't no squat about.  So, what if we were to put together a
volume in which each of us (well, excepting me, of course) tries to explain,
in citizen-talk, what s/he knows from programming that the world ought to
know.  My job will be, to the best of my ability, to defend the citizenry
against your jargon.  Each of you that writes a piece promises also to serve
as a reviewer for one or two of your colleagues' contributions. The job of
"reviewer" will consist of protecting his or her author from over reach by
the editor.   I will write the "forward" and perhaps, with your help, a
concluding chapter.

What do you think. "Why on earth would I participate in this sort of
academic bullshit?"  Well, because you all have something interesting an
important to say and this might be an occasion for you to say it.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/