[FRIAM] Tweet from MathType (@MathType)

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Jun 8 17:00:00 EDT 2020

Barry wrote:

> For example, the identity matrix (all zeroes except for ones on the
> diagonal) is given by the ith element of the jth row is the Kronecker
> delta of i and j.

and

Frank wrote:

>     Kronecker delta Is trivial.  It has two arguments.  If they're
>     equal the result is 1.  If not the result is 0.

Which makes it all the more enigmatic.   Simple things like '0', the
identity matrix, 'i', 'e', 'pi',  can have profound implications but by
themselves seem anywhere from trivial to self-evident.    Rather than
pontificate (bombasticate, wax reflectively) on my own
experiences/random-thoughts/free-associations, I'd be interested in what
others here might know of where the Kronecker Delta would be likely
applicable to the types of things many of us (might?) assume Tom is
interested in (application to big data, natural language processing,
etc.  in the context of Journalism?)