[FRIAM] alternative response

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:33:19 EDT 2020

The preoccupation with arguing over base ontological commitments reminds me
of the *existential detectives* and their nemesis in the movie *I <3
Huckabees*. Will demanding that the universe is
determined, or almost as random as can be, or simulatable move any other
conjectured model forward? I suspect that it has the effect of putting the
discussion in a holding pattern. In each case, we are making unknown claims
as to what the universe is, or at best wagering as to what we feel the
universe will have turned out to be in some obnoxiously absolute way.
Neutered from a motivating investigation and the development of a model, we
may as well exclaim the names of numbers at one another.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/