[FRIAM] alternative response

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Jun 17 16:29:02 EDT 2020

And in yet another a parallel (tangetial?) thread on QM, free will, and
Life.
I think this is an *interestingly different* or at least *complementary*
ontological commitment:

    *Many-worlds interpretation of quantum theory, mesoscopic anthropic
    principle and biological evolution*

    /Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Theory. Realizing the multiplicity
    of worlds it provides an opportunity of explanation of some
    important events which are assumed to be extremely improbable. The
    Mesoscopic Anthropic Principle suggested here is aimed to explain
    appearance of such events which are necessary for emergence of Life
    and Mind. It is complementary to the Cosmological Anthropic
    Principle explaining the fine tuning of fundamental constants. We
    briefly discuss various possible applications of the Mesoscopic
    Anthropic Principle including the Solar Eclipses and assembling of
    complex molecules. Besides, we address the problem of Time’s Arrow
    in the framework of the ManyWorlds Interpretation. We suggest the
    recipe for disentangling of quantities defined by fundamental
    physical laws and by an anthropic selection. The main emphasis is
    made on the problem of the biological evolution./

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.5545.pdf