[FRIAM] Pandemic Over!

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:48:38 EDT 2020

Glen says: "[†] Is there a difference between killing and letting die?
I'm not confident."

At some point, we should probably flesh out a model of the legal system for
our discussion of *free will*. As a special case, we could investigate
torts.
We agree to a paradox at the start, namely, that driving is unsafe and
driving
is necessary. Institutionally we determine a limit whereby k individuals
are *let to die* by the system while the k+1st individual is *killed* by the
system. Should we expect torts to appear as epiphenomena in any system
where we impose a *free will* condition?

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/