[FRIAM] falsifying the lost opportunity updating mechanism for free will

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:26:19 EDT 2020

Sometimes I feel, for a moment, that I understand some aspect of the argument you-guys are having and then I want to participate.  Without knowing jack-squat about neural networks, it just seems to me that coherence is something that a neural-net could be designed to care about.  And so, if I do something, and, as a consequence, learn something about contingencies I did not know before, it would seem to me that a network might go about reorganizing in terms of the new information and that THAT is what we might mean by "regret."  "Did that once; ain;t going to do it again."

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/