[FRIAM] Police Use of Force

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Jun 26 16:05:25 EDT 2020

Frank said:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/25/colorado-elijah-mcclain-death/
>

> Above is a link to the incident I mentioned during this morning's
> meeting in which a small man who didn't want to be touched was taken
> into custody and later died.  Someone called 911 to report a
> suspicious man wearing a ski mask.  Apparently there is controversy
> about the autopsy which stated that the cause of death was a heart attack

And just to add a serendipitous (or not) overlap with our larger
conversation here, it seems the victim received a Ketamine Injection to
help subdue him.   I don't know if Ketamine is implicated in heart
attacks.   I suppose some could suppose that the  heart attack might
have been avoided if they had administered the ketamine earlier?   It's
tricky.