[FRIAM] credibility

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:02:21 EDT 2020

Yes, I suppose I should speak more clearly. Bezos doesn't *need* to take any money out of WP because he's the richest person in the world. I'm glad he *donates* his money to the WP. But I'm suspicious of for-profits that act like non-profits and non-profits that act like for-profits. To make it even more explicit, Renee' responds positively to these advertisements:

https://www.passiton.com/

After seeing a loooong commercial on one of her crime shows, I asked "What are they selling?" She responded, "What do you mean? They're not selling anything. It's like a PSA." A little digging demonstrates that they're *selling* MAGA, even if they don't call it that ... good ole traditional American values of family and individual responsibility ... you know, the same values that kill black men and get transgendered people dragged behind trucks in Texas.

So, what *is* Bezos buying every time he does NOT take a profit from the WP?

--
☣ uǝlƃ