[FRIAM] The Inside Mind, agaiiiiin!

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:03:00 EST 2021

I am back worrying about this again.  On the last go round Glen dope-slapped
me for straw-manning the idea of "inside" and offered me at least one more
way to interpret the idea than those I had thought of.  I think his idea was
a thought could be inside another in the sense that one mathematical
expression can be inside another.  This got me interested in trying to write
up a very simple example.  So, is there any way of notating the fact that,
say, there are several different ways to arrange the factors in the
multiplication of 18 x 22 in order to do it quickly in your head? (My
favorite is 400-4).  These are all inside in the sense that the result you
get places no constraints on which of the methods you used to get the
result.

The other ways I can thing of that something can be inside (other than the
one I hate)  is physiologically and grammatically.  Are there others I am
not thinking of?

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/