[FRIAM] truth, reality, & narrative

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:36:35 EST 2021

Glen,

Re NST-2.  Stipulated.  What can I say? I am the product of a mating between a publisher and an editor.  To put my ideas before the big world and thus get feedback on them from the world has always been my greatest ambition, silly as it may be.  It's how ideas develop.  That is why I so value friam.  It's not the Big World, but it is a world and I do get feedback, and my ideas do -- you may not have noticed -- develop.  You are right that that is a very conservative impulse and I need to be wary of it.  But I think framing one's ideas for a world is a useful discipline as well as a dangerous concession.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/