[FRIAM] truth, reality, & narrative

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:35:24 EST 2021

Ha! Hilarious. I should start doing that at conferences. "I bet you were an only child ...". It's too bad smoking has such a bad rep these days; or I could carry around a pipe and stick it in my mouth after saying that.

Re: my own self-programming -- I finally asserted "I'm an atheist" to someone. I have and do maintain that I'm not an atheist, that agnosticism is fundamentally distinct. But the LDS mormons at the door the other day presented me with a fresh opportunity and I took a different path than I have in the past. I simply didn't want to have the conversation with them, maybe because of the virus and stay-at-home orders. They had masks on. But still. Fvck them for endangering people's lives to spread their idiocy. Even Renee' was surprised I "let them off" so easily [⛧]. I thought about showing them my worn Book of Mormon. But I simply wasn't into it at the time.

For whatever reason, that story seems exemplar for my self-programming ephemeris. I spontaneously generate some tentative arc, just for rhetoric's sake and only later *may* think about what it might mean. Why did I subscribe to the Ethics journal as a freshman EE major in college? I have absolutely no idea. But I read every word of every issue until I could no longer afford the subscription price. Did that self-programming influence my bad grades in digital, good grades in analog, and subsequent switch to math? I have no idea. Now that I've reified my atheism by saying it out loud, albeit to delusional hostiles at my front door, how will that self-programming utterance influence future metaphysical claims I'll be willing to tolerate or mock?

[⛧] The last missionaries to knock on my door sat in our living room with me discussing the deified status of Christ in the form of an old Korean lady and whether or not the New Testament is actually crypto-feminist. Renee' was not pleased and finally told them straight to their faces to get out of our house. >8^D I spent the next few hours flipping through my 3 different versions of the bible. I'm not proud of that.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ